nav

Thursday, November 25, 2010

A Thankful Sundae



Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday.  There's food, family, friends, no stress about presents and it has a great message - thankfulness.  I am so thankful for my life. It's full of love and happiness. I am thankful that I passed the bar exam (YAY!) and I have a bright future ahead of me!

Since this holiday is so special to me, I am going to use it to debut the first Salty Girl video!  In this video I show you how to make a Thankful Sundae - pumpkin frozen yogurt topped with cranberry syrup and toasted pecans.  It's a little too  late to make it for your family for Thanksgiving, but any day is great to give thanks, right?  Friends, it is very embarrassing and difficult to record a video.  The sound of my own voice and the things I say are just ridiculous.  Please feel free to laugh.  I hope you enjoy the video!

Click through for the recipe:


Pumpkin Frozen Yogurt
serves 3, so double accordingly!

1 1/2 cups Greek yogurt (or regular yogurt, but it will be *less* thick.  in the video I say it's going to be more thick if you use regular yogurt, but I was really nervous!)
1 can of pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon cloves
1/2 teaspoon cardamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon molasses 

Combine all ingredients and stir until incorporated.  Pour into your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's instructions.  I love my KitchenAid ice cream attachment! 
Cranberry Syrup
1/2 cup frozen cranberries
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
lemon zest

Combine in a skillet or saucepan over medium heat until it forms a syrup consistency.  You may have to add a little water to thin it out, but don't worry, it tastes amazing.

Toasted Pecans
1 cup of pecans

Roughly chop your pecans and toast them in a dry skillet for 3-4 minutes.  Be careful because they burn very easily.  

Assemble your Thankful Sundae and be thankful for the life you live!

Happy Thanksgiving!